Details for Benchmark: PR0870
N 44° 26.413 W 097° 07.814 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KINGSBURY county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1968 (RLM)
STATION IS LOCATED 5.5 MI N. OF TOWN OF ARLINGTON, ABOUT 4.0 MI E. AND 10.0 MI S. OF TOWN OF HAYTI, IN NE. PART OF NE 1/4 OF SEC. 12, T. 111 N., R. 53 W.
TO REACH FROM THE JCT. OF U.S. HWYS. 14 AND 81 AT E. EDGE OF ARLINGTON, GO N. 5.5 MI TO CROSSROADS, TURN LEFT (W.) AND GO 0.1 MI TO E. EDGE OF SHELTERBELT S., WALK S. ABOUT 0.1 MI ALONG E. EDGE OF SHELTERBELT TO STATION AT SE. COR. OF SHELTERBELT.
STATION IS IN EXTREME SE. COR. OF SHELTERBELT ABOUT 4.0 FT FROM FIELD LINES W. AND N., 6.2 FT SE. OF USGS WITNESS POST AND STAMPED ET BEST 1968.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS 13.0 FT N. OF E.-W. FIELD LINE AND 50.5 FT W. OF N.-S. FIELD LINE AND IS STAMPED BEST NO. 1 1968.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS 56.5 FT N. OF E.-W. FIELD LINE AND 4.5 FT W. OF N.-S. FIELD LINE AND IS STAMPED BEST NO. 2 1968.
NO AZIMUTH MARK WAS SET. STATION ET LAKE IS GROUND VISIBLE. DIRECTION OBSERVED TO ARLINGTON M.W.T.
ALL MARKS ARE SET FLUSH WITH GROUND AND ARE STANDARD TABLETS CRIMPED ON COPPER WELD RODS AND CENTERED IN 6 IN. DRAIN TILE FILLED WITH GRAVEL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.