Details for Benchmark: PR1126
N 44° 53.033 W 097° 03.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CODINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- I29 177.59
- Marker Type:
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by SDDT (MONUMENTED)
|07/03/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
0.65 KM (0.40 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 29 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 212 (EXIT 177) IN WATERTOWN, 0.95 KM (0.59 MI) NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 177, 21.2 M (69.6 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 8.6 M (28.2 FT) WEST OF A FENCE, AND 1.2 M (3.9 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE--THE DATUM POINT IS THE TOP OF THE MOST NORTHWESTERLY OF 4 BOLTS OF THE MOST WESTERLY OF 2 FOOTINGS OF A HIGHWAY INFORMATION SIGN.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.