Details for Benchmark: PT0130
N 44° 22.133 W 100° 21.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HUGHES county, SD View Original Datasheet
- 248 2 CAP
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
AT PIERRE. AT PIERRE, ON THE COURTHOUSE YARD, 31 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE COURTHOUSE, 25 FEET EAST OF A SIDEWALK, A MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION IRON CAP ON THE TOP OF A 4 INCH IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|09/30/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
AT PIERRE, ON THE COURTHOUSE YARD, 9.45 M (31.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE COURTHOUSE, 7.62 M (25.0 FT) EAST OF A SIDEWALK, A MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION IRON CAP ON THE TOP OF A 4-INCH IRON PIPE, THAT PROJECTS 0.06 M (0.2 FT).
|01/21/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
STATION IS IN DOWNTOWN PIERRE, SD, AT HUGHES COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 9.45 M (31.00 FT) WEST OF WEST CORNER OF COURTHOUSE, 7.6 M (24.9 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A SIDEWALK, 4.5 M (14.8 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A SIDEWALK. STATION IS A MISSOURI RIVER COMMISION IRON CAP ON TOP OF A 4 INCH IRON PIPE. THE CAP IS LOOSE AND ELEVATION IS NOT DEPENDABLE. IN LIEU OF EXISTENCE OF DESCRIPTION FOR STATION 248 2 CAP (ACRN=PT0130), THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS THE VALID STATION DESIGNATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.