Details for Benchmark: PU1560
N 44° 01.850 W 103° 04.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PENNINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- T1N R9E SECS 19 20 1/4 COR
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
9.8 MI E FROM RAPID CITY. ABOUT 9.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE CHICAGO, MILWAUKEE, ST. PAUL AND PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE CHICAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY STATION AT RAPID CITY, THENCE 0.5 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 435, 325 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A CURVE IN THE ROAD, 126 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A SCHOOL HOUSE DIST. NO. 27, 187 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 5 FORKED LARGE COTTONWOOD TREE, 54 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 29 FEET EAST OF A TRANSFORMER POLE, 2-INCHES EAST OF A FENCE 1.4 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 2-INCHES.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE. NOT LEVELWD TO DURING THIS SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.