Details for Benchmark: PU1908
N 44° 54.983 W 103° 38.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTTE county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
22.7 MI NW FROM NISLAND. ABOUT 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG THE CHICAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT NISLAND, THENCE 1.15 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRADED COUNTY ROAD, THENCE 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG A GRADED COUNTY ROAD, THENCE 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG A TRACK ROAD, THENCE 1.25 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRADED COUNTY ROAD, THENCE 3.0 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED COUNTY ROAD, THENCE 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVELED COUNTY ROAD, THENCE 2.0 MILES WEST ALONG A GRAVELED COUNTY ROAD, THENCE 10.8 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVELED COUNTY ROAD, 0.05 MILE NORTH OF A CATTLE GUARD, 39.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 69.4 FEET EAST ACROSS THE ROAD FROM R.M. 1, 2.0 FEET EAST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE, 56.4 FEET SOUTH OF R.M. 2, 8.0 FEET SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST LEVEL WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.