Details for Benchmark: PU2060
N 44° 39.983 W 103° 51.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTTE county, SD View Original Datasheet
- D 359
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
AT BELLE FOURCHE. AT THE BUTTE COUNTY COURT HOUSE, AT BELLE FOURCHE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH BANNISTER AT THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING, 7.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STEPS LEADING INTO THE BUILDING, 2.3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND AND IS ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|04/15/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (GAS)
IN BELLE FOURCHE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE OF THE SOUTH STONE BALUSTRADE OF THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE COURTHOUSE AT 839 5TH STREET (U.S. HIGHWAY 85), 1155.0 M (3789.4 FT) NORTH OF MILEPOST 55, 19.4 M (63.6 FT) EAST OF THE AVENUE CENTERLINE, 10.1 M (33.1 FT) WEST OF THE WEST FACE OF THE BUILDING, 2.2 M (7.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE STEPS, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE AVENUE.
|09/28/1998 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (GAS)
IN BELLE FOURCHE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH BALUSTRADE AT THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE COURTHOUSE AT 839 5TH AVENUE, 19.3 M (63.3 FT) EAST OF THE AVENUE CENTERLINE, 2.2 M (7.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE, 1.0 M (3.3 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE BALUSTRADE. NOTE--THE MARK IS ON PROPERTY OWNED BY BUTTE COUNTY, 839 5TH AVENUE, BELLE FOURCHE, SD 57717, TELEPHONE NUMBER (605) 685-6727.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.