Details for Benchmark: PU2312
N 44° 05.811 W 103° 25.576 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PENNINGTON county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (VRS)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF NORRIS PEAK IN THE BLACK HILLS NATIONAL FOREST, ABOUT 10 MILES WEST AND 2 MILES NORTH OF RAPID CITY, AND 51 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF LOG HOUSE.
STATION MARK PROJECTS 2 INCHES, AND THE DISK IS STAMPED NORRIS 1950.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS 25 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF LOG HOUSE. THE MARK PROJECTS 3 INCHES, AND THE DISK IS STAMPED NORRIS NO 1 1950.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS 26 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A LOG HOUSE. THE MARK PROJECTS 2 INCHES, AND THE DISK IS STAMPED NORRIS NO 2 1950.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK WELDED ON THE TOP OF A 2-INCH IRON PIPE. REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD DISKS SET IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK. THERE WAS NO POINT VISIBLE FROM THE GROUND AT WHICH AN AZIMUTH MARK COULD BE ESTABLISHED.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 14 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.