Details for Benchmark: PW0068
N 44° 14.317 W 106° 55.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JOHNSON county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- unspecified rock
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by BPR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
22.1 MI SW FROM BUFFALO. 22.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 16 FROM BUFFALO, JOHNSON COUNTY, 5.8 MILES NORTH OF CARIBOU CAMP, 0.6 MILE SOUTH OF THE SISTERS HILL ROAD, 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF LITTLE SOUR DOUGH CREEK, 100 FEET NORTHEAST OF A STONE CULVERT, 57.5 FEET NORTH OF AN OLD GRAVE SURROUNDED BY A ROCK WALL, 86.3 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, IN THE TOP OF A ROCK, AND ABOUT 15 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A UNITES STATES BUREAU OF PUBLIC ROADS STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 8043.77.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.