Details for Benchmark: PX0476
N 44° 47.101 W 108° 56.097 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PARK county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1947
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.0 MI. W. AND 4.7 MI. N. OF RALSTON, WYOMING ALONG THE MAIN RD. TO BADGER BASIN. IN THE SW. COR OF SEC. 32 T.56 N. R. 100 W. ABOUT 1100 FT. N. OF THE S. LINE AND 480 FT. E. OF THE W. LINE OF SEC. ABOUT 55 FT. W. OF THE CENTER OF THE BADGER BASIN RD., WHERE THE RD. BREAKS OVER THE ESCARPMENT INTO THE BAD LAND AREA.
TO REACH STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE AT CODY, WYOMING FOLLOW STATE HIGHWAY NO.14 N. TOWARD POWELL, WYOMING FOR ABOUT 20.7 MI. TO THE JUNCTION OF THE BADGER BASIN RD. AT RALSTON WYOMING, TURN W. ON THE BADGER BASIN RD. FOR 4.0 MI. THEN N. FOR ABOUT 4.7 MI. TO THE EDGE OF THE ESCARPMENT. STATION IS ABOUT 55 FT. W. OF THE RD.
STATION MARK - A STANDARD GEOLOGICAL SURVEY IRON PIPE WITH A BRONZE BENCH MARK CAP STAMPED---4805 R.L.---
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 - A COPPER NAIL AND WASHER SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE REMAINS OF A SANDSTONE OUTCROP. WASHER IS 0.2 FT. BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE ROCK, 146.65 FT. FROM STATION N 34 DEGREES 23 MINUTES, SW.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 - A CHISELED CROSS ON THE TOP OF EMBEDDED LIMESTONE BOULDER WHICH HAS 5 CHISEL MARKS ON THE E. FACE AND 1 CHISEL MARK ON THE W. FACE. IT IS G.L.O. COR. SEC. 31,32,5 AND 6 T. 55 AND 56 N. R. 100 W. 1180.0 FT. FROM STATION N 17 DEGREES 08 MINUTES NE, 22.04 FT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.