Details for Benchmark: PY1210
N 44° 38.887 W 110° 11.587 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PARK county, WY View Original Datasheet
- PELICAN CONE ET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1958
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 11.0 MI. (AIRLINE) NE. OF LAKE JUNCTION ON THE TOP OF PELICAN CONE, 31 FT. SE. OF THE SE. CORNER OF PELICAN CONE LOOKOUT HOUSE.
STATION REACHED VIA HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, SET IN ROCK BOULDER PROJECTING 0.6 FT., AND STAMPED ---PELICAN CONE-ET 1958---.
|01/01/1987 by UNAVCO (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY UNIVERSITY NAVSTAR CONSORTIUM 1987 (JLS)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AT THIS DATE. THIS STATION WAS RECOVERED AND OCCUPIED BY UNAVCO PERSONNEL.
NO NEW RECOVERY INFORMATION WAS MADE AVAILABLE TO THIS PARTY, ASSUMED THAT STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. NOTE, THE FAINT PENCIL RUBBING ON OBSERVATION LOG INDICATES THAT THIS STATION IS A USGS DISK STAMPED---PELICAN CONE ET---.
TI4100 GPS SURVEY FOR CRUSTAL MOTION IN YELLOWSTONE PARK AND HEBGEN LAKE AREAS OF WYOMING, MONTANA AND IDAHO, AUGUST - SEPTEMBER 1987.
THIS STATION SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1992.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.