Details for Benchmark: PY1259
N 44° 55.890 W 110° 42.369 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PARK county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1955 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955
STATION LOCATED ON THE SE. AND LOWEST OF THREE ROCKY POINTS ON THE TOP OF BUNSEN PEAK, LOCATED ABOUT 3 MI. (AIRLINE) DUE S. OF MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS IN YELLOWSTONE PARK.
TO REACH STATION FROM THE YELLOWSTONE PARK POST OFFICE IN MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, GO GENERALLY S. ON THE MAMMOTH TO NORRIS JUNCTION RD. 5.3 MI. TO THE TURNOFF ONTO DIRT RD. ON THE LEFT, TRAIL TO BUNSEN PEAK LOOKOUT TAKES OFF ON THE N. SIDE OF DIRT RD. ABOUT 500 FT. E. OF HIGHWAY. PACK UP WELL MARKED TRAIL TO SE. ROCKY POINT AS DESCRIBED, ABOUT 1-HOUR PACK IS REQUIRED.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---BUNSEN 1955---, SET IN 3/4 IN. IRON PIPE SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.