Details for Benchmark: PY1267
N 44° 49.132 W 110° 51.335 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PARK county, WY View Original Datasheet
- MT HOLMES LOOKOUT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (EBL)
STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE LOCATED ON THE TOP OF MT. HOLMES WHICH IS IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK. THE LOOKOUT IS A ONE-STORY SQUARE BUILDING CONSTRUCTED OF ROCK. THE FINIAL OF THE ROOF WAS THE POINT MEASURED TO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.