Details for Benchmark: QA0764
N 44° 37.383 W 114° 41.186 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CUSTER county, ID View Original Datasheet
- MID COTTONWOOD LOH
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by USGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1961
STATION LOCATED ABOUT 24.0 MI. NW. OF CHALLIS, IDAHO, 3.6 MI. SE. OF THE CONFLUENCE OF WARM SPRINGS CREEK AND LOON CREEK, LOCATED ON A LONG RIDGE BETWEEN FIR CREEK AND COTTONWOOD CREEK. THE CENTER OF MID COTTONWOOD LOOKOUT HOUSE IS LOCATED ON RIDGE.
REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.