Details for Benchmark: QB1380
N 44° 35.968 W 116° 14.956 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, ID View Original Datasheet
- INDIAN MTN
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||ThunderDuff found QB1380
found it. What a neat hill with an amazing history, Also notice how this mountain is the barrier between ecosystems. Very cool.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
LOCATED ABOUT 12 MI. SE. OF COUNCIL, 9 MI. ENE. OF INDIAN VALLEY, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF INDIAN MTN. AND 326.7 FT. N. OF INDIAN MTN. LOOKOUT.
TO REACH FROM COUNDIL, DRIVE S. ON U.S. HIGHWAY 95 FOR 9.5 MI., TURN LEFT ON INDIAN VALLEY ROAD FOR 0.2 MI., TURN LEFT ON FOREST SERVICE ROAD THROUGH FARMYARD FOR 2.1 MI. TO T-RD. E., CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD FOR 0.7 MI. TO Y-RD., TURN RIGHT 0.7 MI. TO FOREST BOUNDARY GATE, PASS THROUGHT GATE AND CONTINUE 1.7 MI. TO RD. FORKS, TAKE RIGHT HAND RD. FOR 0.9 MI. TO RD. FORKS, TURN LEFT AND CONTINUE 4.9 MI. TO FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT. WALK N. ON RIDGE TO STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---INDIAN MTN. 1953---, SET IN MASS OF CONCRETE.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED---, ---NO 1---, SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH GROUND, 47.58 FT. FROM STATION MARK 03 DEGREES 33 MINUTES SW.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--STANDARD REFERENCE MARK TABLET STAMPED---, ---NO 2---, SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH GROUND, 38.74 FT. FROM STATION MARK 79 DEGREES 17 MINUTES NW.
USFS INDIAN MTN. LOOKOUT IS 326.67 FT. FROM STATION 06 DEGREES 35 MINUTES 10 SECOND SE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.