Details for Benchmark: QC0922
N 44° 51.030 W 118° 39.869 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GRANT county, OR View Original Datasheet
- DESOLATION BUTTE LOT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1936 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1936
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE 50-FOOT STEEL LOOKOUT TOWER ON DESOLATION BUTTE, A HIGH POINT ON A LONG RIDGE, TO THE E OF DESOLATION CREEK AND ABOUT 10 MILES AIR LINE NE OF SUSANVILLE.
|1/1/1938 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1938
STATION MARK IS A U.S.G.S. STANDARD DISK CEMENTED IN A BOULDER UNDER THE CENTER OF THE TOWER AND STAMPED DESOLATION 1938.
TWO U.S.G.S. REFERENCE DISKS WERE ESTABLISHED.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 IS CEMENTED IN CONCRETE PIER AT NE CORNER OF LOOKOUT TOWER, 9.08 FEET DISTANT FROM STATION.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 IS CEMENTED INTO NATIVE ROCK, 68.35 FEET E FROM STATION.
REACHED BY BRANCH ROAD OFF DALE-GRANITE ROAD.
U.S.F.S. POSITION OF THIS TOWER WAS NOT CHECKED BY U.S.G.S. WHICH HAS IT ABOUT 0.7 IN LESS IN LATITUDE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.