Details for Benchmark: QC1024
N 44° 52.354 W 119° 34.064 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GRANT county, OR View Original Datasheet
- ANT HILL LOOKOUT
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1936 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1936
STATION LOCATED IS THE CENTER OF THE U.S. FOREST SERVICE ANT HILL LOOKOUT TOWER, WHICH CONSISTS OF A HOUSE ON A 16-FOOT TOWER. FOREST ROADS LEAD TO THE LOOKOUT. TURN OFF THE HEPPNER-SPRAY HIGHWAY AT TAMARACK JUNCTION, DRIVE TO ANT HILL JUNCTION, THENCE TO STATION. STATION IS MARKED BY A DISK IN CONCRETE POST UNDER CENTER OF TOWER.
|01/01/1941 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941 (ANS)
THIS OCCUPIED STATION IS CENTER OF U.S. FOREST SERVICE ANT HILL LOOKOUT TOWER, WHICH CONSISTS OF HOUSE ON 16-FOOT TOWER. HOUSE HAS PYRAMIDAL ROOF. IT IS ABOUT 12 MILES AIR LINE NE OF SPRAY, AND ABOUT 8 MILES N OF KIMBERLY. FOREST ROADS LEAD TO LOOKOUT. TURN OFF HEPPNER-SPRAY HIGHWAY (OREGON 207) AT TAMARACK JUNCTION, DRIVE TO ANT HILL JUNCTION, THENCE TO STATION. STATION MARKED BY U.S.F.S. DISK IN CONCRETE POST UNDER CENTER OF TOWER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.