Details for Benchmark: QE1422
N 44° 48.617 W 124° 03.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, OR View Original Datasheet
- PORT MON 5
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- massive retaining walls
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USCG (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
21.5 KM (13.35 MI) NORTH FROM NEWPORT. 20.8 KM (12.90 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 101 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 20 IN NEWPORT, THENCE 0.5 KM (0.30 MI) EASTERLY ALONG SOUTHEAST BAY STREET, THENCE 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG COAST GUARD DRIVE, AT THE DEPOE BAY COAST GUARD STATION, IN TOP OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A LARGE CONCRETE SEAWALL, 6.9 M (22.6 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE DRIVE, 5.2 M (17.1 FT) WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF THE WEST DRIVE OF A PARKING LOT, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) EAST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE SEAWALL, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE SEAWALL, AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A STEEL GUARDRAIL POST. NOTE--THERE IS NO PRE CASTING ON THIS DISK. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH COAST GUARD DRIVE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 8851 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.