Details for Benchmark: QE1615
N 44° 37.400 W 124° 02.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, OR View Original Datasheet
- 943 5380 D TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- galvanized steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
3.2 KM (2.00 MI) SOUTH FROM NEWPORT. 1.8 KM (1.10 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 101 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 20 IN NEWPORT, THENCE 1.2 KM (0.75 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG A PAVED ROAD, THENCE 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) EASTERLY ALONG A PAVED ROAD AND VISTORS PARKING LOT, ON TOP OF A BERM ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT FOR THE OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY MARINE SCIENCE CENTER, 20.6 M (67.6 FT) NORTH OF THE MOST EASTERLY 1 OF 3 LIGHT POLES IN THE PARKING LOT, AND 3.4 M (11.2 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE PARKING LOT. NOTE--THE DISK IS ENCASED IN A 4-INCH PVC PIPE WITH CAP. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.6 M ABOVE THE PARKING LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 1059 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.