Details for Benchmark: QE1623
N 44° 00.050 W 123° 00.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LANE county, OR View Original Datasheet
- J 737
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
6.1 KM (3.80 MI) SOUTH FROM GLENWOOD. 6.1 KM (3.80 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5 FROM THE JUNCTION OF FRANKLIN BOULEVARD IN GLENWOOD, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE OF THE MOST SOUTHERLY 1 OF 13 COLUMNS OF THE FIRST PIER NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A HIGHWAY OVERPASS OF STATE HIGHWAY 99 (EXIT 188 B), 20.8 M (68.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY, AND 5.1 M (16.7 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STATE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 1.4 M ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.