Details for Benchmark: QE1683
N 44° 53.079 W 122° 05.742 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARION county, OR View Original Datasheet
- BULL OF THE WOODS LOH
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (WRH)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT HOUSE ON THE SUMMIT OF BULL OF THE WOODS MOUNTAIN IN THE MOUNT HOOD NATIONAL FOREST. IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 10 MILES NORTHWEST OF BREITENBUSH HOT SPRINGS, ABOUT 5 MILES SOUTHEAST OF BAGBY HOT SPRINGS AND ABOUT 5 MILES NORTH OF ELK LAKE. THE LOOKOUT HOUSE IS ABOUT 30 FEET IN HEIGHT AND HAS A PEAKED ROOF.
THIS STATION WAS LOCATED BY INTERSECTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.