Details for Benchmark: QE2319
N 44° 30.252 W 123° 33.140 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BENTON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- MARY RM 3
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by OR-019 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DOUGLAS COUNTY OREGON 1970 (FLI)
STATION IS ABOUT 15 MILES WSW OF CORVALLIS, 9-1/2 MILES WSW OF PHILOMATH AND 26 MILES NORTHWEST OF JUNCTION CITY. IT IS ON THE HIGHEST PART OF MARYS PEAK, A GRASS-COVERED PEAK WITH TIMBERED SIDES. THE PEAK IS THE HIGHEST IN THE VICINITY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY 20 AND HIGHWAY 34 WEST OF PHILOMATH, GO SOUTHERLY THEN WESTERLY 8.9 MILES ON HIGHWAY 34 TO FORK. GO RIGHT ON FORK 0.4 MILES TO GRAVEL ROAD. GO RIGHT ON GRAVEL ROAD 0.55 MILES TO STEEL GATE. GO THRU GATE 2.65 MILES TO FORK. GO RIGHT 0.3 MILES TO FORK. GO LEFT 2.5 MILES TO FORK. GO RIGHT 0.15 MILES THRU GATE TO FORK. GO LEFT 2.25 MILES TO FORK. GO STRAIGHT AHEAD 1.8 MILES TO STEEL GATE (USFS KEY). CONTINUE THRU GATE UP HILL 0.65 MILES TO TOWER AND TOP OF HILL.
REFERENCE MARK 3, STAMPED MARY NO 3 1940, IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN A BOULDER ABOUT 5 FEET LOWER THAN THE STATION MARK. IT IS ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF THE SUMMIT OF MARYS PEAK.
REFERENCE MARK 4, STAMPED MARY NO 4 1940, IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN A BOULDER THAT PROJECTS ABOUT 6 INCHES. IT IS ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF THE SUMMIT AND ABOUT 6 FEET LOWER THAN THE STATION MARK.
MARY ECCENTRIC, STAMPED MARY ECCENTRIC 1963, IS A OSHD BRASS CAP SET IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT IS 4 INCHES BELOW GROUND. IT IS ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE SUMMIT OF MARYS PEAK, APPROXIMATELY 50 FEET EAST OF THE GRAVEL DRIVE ON SUMMIT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.