Details for Benchmark: QE2642
N 44° 48.312 W 122° 05.018 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARION county, OR View Original Datasheet
- GOLD BUTTE LOH
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by USGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955
LOCATED ABOUT 6 MI NNE. OF DETROIT, 2.3 MI SE. OF ELK LAKE. ON HIGHEST POINT OF GOLD BUTTE.
TO REACH FROM DETROIT, DRIVE 4.1 MI NE. ON BREITENBUSH RD. TO RD. FORKS. TAKE LEFT FORK 5 MI TO RD. FORKS IN SADDLE. TAKE RIGHT FORK 1.8 MI TO END OF RD. HIKE WESTERLY ON TRAIL TO HIGHEST POINT AND STATION. A 5-MINUTE HIKE.
STATION MARK--CENTER OF USFS LOH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.