Details for Benchmark: QE2729
N 44° 41.550 W 123° 56.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, OR View Original Datasheet
- 1 RBO
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1979
4.7 KM (2.95 MI) SOUTH FROM SILETZ. SILETZ, 2.95 MI S OF, ALONG OR HWY 229. 0.25 MI N OF JCT WITH PAVED RD W, 0.2 MI N OF MILEPOST 27, ABOUT 290 FT SW OF SIDE RD, 106 FT E OF NE END OF GUARDRAIL, 98 FT NNE OF POWER POLE D202-1, 64 FT SE OF CENTERLINE OF HWY, 4 FT W OF CENTERLINE OF POWER LINE, ENCASED IN 6-INCH PLASTIC PIPE. THE MARK IS 3 FT ABOVE HWY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.