Details for Benchmark: QK0060
N 45° 21.667 W 084° 13.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PRESQUE ISLE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- H 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT ONAWAY. AT ONAWAY, PRESQUE ISLE COUNTY, 8 1/2 YARDS EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE DETROIT AND MACKINAC RAILWAY STATION, 10 YARDS NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A ROAD, 8 YARDS SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF A SIDETRACK, AND 1 YARD EAST OF A POLE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 37 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- PROBABLY DESTROYED, AS AREA IS DRIVEN EXTENSIVELY AT AUTOMOBILES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.