Details for Benchmark: QK0620
N 45° 13.448 W 084° 12.288 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PRESQUE ISLE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- PRESQUE ISLE N LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (WNM)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER, LOCATED ABOUT 9.0 MILES SOUTH OF ONAWAY AND 0.5 MILE EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY 33. IT IS A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE WITH A GLASS ENCLOSED OBSERVERS PLATFORM AT THE TOP AND IS ABOUT 100 FEET HIGH.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 68 AND 33 IN ONAWAY, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 33 FOR 9.0 MILES TO A TRACK ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST AND THEN SOUTH FOR 0.5 MILE TO THE LOOKOUT TOWER ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE HILL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.