Details for Benchmark: QM0471
N 45° 48.900 W 089° 35.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONEIDA county, WI View Original Datasheet
- B 216
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
IN LAKE TOMAHAWK. IN LAKE TOMAHAWK, SET IN THE LAWN AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF RHINELANDER, LOCATED AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 47 AND COUNTY ROAD D, 15.8 METERS (52.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 29.2 METERS (96.0 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD D AND RAINBOW STREET, 2.7 METERS (9.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BANK BUILDING, 5.4 METERS (18.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF THE NORTH DRIVEWAY LEADING TO THE DRIVE IN WINDOW OF THE BANK, AND 2.0 METERS (6.5 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH FACE OF THE BANK BUILDING. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.