Details for Benchmark: QM0586
N 45° 49.231 W 088° 02.630 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DICKINSON county, MI View Original Datasheet
- IRON MTN ST POLICE RADIO MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954 (DAJ)
STATION IS LOCATED ON A HIGH TIMBERED HILL ABOUT 1.3 MILES EAST OF THE MAIN STREET IN IRON MOUNTAIN. IT IS OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION, SET ON A CONCRETE FOUNDATION, PAINTED RED AND WHITE, AND IS ABOUT 200 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE FLASHING RED LIGHT ATOP THE TOWER.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STEPHENSON STREET (MAIN STREET) AND EAST B STREET IN IRON MOUNTAIN, GO EAST ON EAST B STREET FOR 0.6 MILE TO FORKS. TAKE LEFT FORK AND CONTINUE EASTERLY, THENCE NORTHERLY, THENCE WESTERLY FOR 0.7 MILE TO TOP OF HILL AND STATION ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROAD.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980 (JWB)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN GOOD CONDITION.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--1.3 MILE EAST OF IRON MOUNTAIN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.