Details for Benchmark: QM0804
N 45° 56.353 W 089° 01.799 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FOREST county, WI View Original Datasheet
- 4012E18S GPS 0026
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1991
THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND WAS CONSTRUCTED BY DIGGING A HOLE ABOUT 16 INCHES IN DIAMETER AND 6048 INCHES DEEP. 3/4 INCH DAIMETER BERNTSEN ALUMINUM RODS WITH A SPIRAL POINT AND TOP SECURITY ROD WERE DRIVEN TO REFUSAL. A 3 1/4 INCH DIAMETER DOMED ALUMINUM CAP WAS DRIVEN ONTO THE SECURITY ROD AND THE HOLE WAS TEN FILLED WITH CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND THE ALUMINUM CAP. THE STATION CAN BE LOCATED BY STARTING AT THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 70 AND 45 ON THE EAST SIDE OF EAGLE RIVER, WISCONSIN. ROCEED EAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 70, 10.70 MILES (17.22 KM) TO FOREST SERVICE ROAD 2460. THEN SOUTH ON FOREST SERVICE ROAD 2460 0.80 MILES. (1.29 KM) THEN WEST 195 FEET (59.4 M) FROM THE CENTERLINE OF FOREST SERVICE ROAD 2460 TO THE STATION. THERE IS A STEEL SIGN POST 1.00 FEET (0.30 M) NORTHWEST OF THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.