Details for Benchmark: QN0053
N 45° 42.033 W 090° 24.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PRICE county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||GH55 found QN0053
West end of south concrete backwall is marked 358.99. Mile Post 359 is now north of the bridge on a steel post. There is no '4' stamped on the disk found at this location. Since there is no stamping to confirm this is the correct station, use with caution, it may be a different mark.
See photo for confirmation.
[This entry was edited by GH55 on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 at 2:48:38 PM.]
[This entry was edited by GH55 on Friday, September 17, 2004 at 6:20:59 AM.]
[Photos:]Disk Found at Described Location
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by WIRRC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
1.1 MI N FROM PHILLIPS. 1.1 MILES NORTH ALONG THE MINNEAPOLIS, ST. PAUL AND SAULT STE. MARIE RAILWAY FROM PHILLIPS, PRICE COUNTY, 1 RAIL NORTH OF MILEPOST 359, AT A BRIDGE, AND IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BACK WALL OF THE SOUTH ABUTMENT. A WISCONSIN WATER POWER AND RAILROAD COMMISSION STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 4.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.