Details for Benchmark: QP0063
N 45° 32.567 W 094° 15.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STEARNS county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 7305 A
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1972 by MNHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN HIGHWAY DEPT 1972
1.6 MI SW FROM WAITE PARK. MARK IS LOCATED 1.6 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG TH 23 FROM THE JUNCTION OF TH 23 AND TH 52 (BRIDGE) IN WAITE PARK, 99 FEET SOUTHWEST OF NORTHWEST END OF A 36 INCH CONCRETE CULVERT UNDER TH 23, 50 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD, 47 FEET NORTHWEST OF, 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE CENTERLINE OF TH 23 AT MILE POINT 202.0, 23 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE (NO. 693), ABOUT 26 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGH POINT OF A LARGE GRANITE OUTCROP AND 2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST FACE OF THE ROCK CUT, AND CEMENTED INTO THE ROCK. NW 1/4 SECTION 19, T 124N, R 28W.
|8/8/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
2.2 KM (1.4 MI) SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 23 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 52 IN WAITE PARK, NEAR THE NORTHEAST END OF A 30 BY 35 FOOT AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK, 15.2 M (49.9 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD, 14.2 M (46.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 7.6 M (24.9 FT) SOUTHWEST OF UTILITY POLE NUMBER 693, 2.6 M (8.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE OUTCROP, AND 0.6 M (2.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.