Details for Benchmark: QP0231
N 45° 28.333 W 094° 20.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STEARNS county, MN View Original Datasheet
- P 18
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||msrubble found QP0231
State Highway 23 has been rerouted, and the street was renumbered.
Satellite reception and accuracy plummet as I get close to the mark. My best reading was N45º 28.361 W094º 20.250 (WGS 84), but trying to reach those coordinates was pointing me about 17 feet too far northwest. So I suggest N45º 28.359 W094º 20.247.
The following has been submitted to the NGS:
RECOVERED IN ROCKVILLE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK AT 205 BROADWAY STREET EAST (COUNTY ROAD 82), 3.4 M (11 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CURB. OTHERWISE AS DESCRIBED PREVIOUSLY BY NGS. HH2 COORDINATES N45 28 21.5, W094 20 14.8.
[Photos:]P 18, Rockville, Minnesota
Eye-level view. Looking southeast.
P 18, Rockville, Minnesota
P 18 Area, Rockville, Minnesota
Area view. Looking southwest towards the mark, from 20 feet away.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1943 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
IN ROCKVILLE. AT ROCKVILLE, STEARNS COUNTY, IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE MASONRY WALL OF THE STATE BANK OF ROCKVILLE, 1.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER, 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE MIDDLE OF THE DOORWAY, AND 4.4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE SIDEWALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 1084.079 P 18 1933 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|08/08/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN ROCKVILLE, AT 450 BROADWAY STREET (STATE HIGHWAY 23), SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK AT 450 BROADWAY STREET, 12.6 M (41.3 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE STREET, 1.4 M (4.6 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.