Details for Benchmark: QW0399
N 45° 47.750 W 108° 31.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In YELLOWSTONE county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by MTDH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
IN BILLINGS. IN BILLINGS, AT THE BILLINGS BENCH WATER ASSOCIATION CANAL CROSSING OF 27TH STREET NORTH, 35.7 METERS (117.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF MOUNTAIN VIEW BOULEVARD, 13.7 METERS (44.9 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CANAL, 11.5 METERS (37.8 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF 27TH STREET NORTH, AND 0.5 METER (1.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A SIGN AND POST (NO PARKING ANYTIME). THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.