Details for Benchmark: QW0599
N 45° 11.057 W 109° 22.263 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
LOCATED ABOUT 6.0 MI. (AIRLINE) W. OF RED LODGE, MONTANA, AND ABOUT 2.0 MI. (AIRLINE) N. OF WEST FORK OF ROCK CREEK, ON THE CENTRAL HIGH POINT OF A TIMBERED RIDGE.
TO REACH FROM RED LODGE POST OFFICE, DRIVE SOUTHWARD ON U.S. HIGHWAY FORK, RIGHT FOR 0.7 MI. TO CAMP ROTARY HEADQUARTERS BUILDING, RIGHT ON DIM RD. FOR 0.2 MI. TO WASHOE CREEK AND END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. PACK UP TRAIL TO DRAIN FORK, THEN UP DIVIDE TO RIDGE, THEN EASTWARD TO ROCKY TOP AND STATION SITE. ABOUT A 2-1/2 HOUR BACK PACK.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---NICHOLS 1953---, CEMENTED IN ROCK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.