Details for Benchmark: QX0089
N 45° 10.183 W 110° 52.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PARK county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by BPR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
13.4 MI NW FROM GARDINER. ABOUT 13.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG A BRANCH LINE OF THE NORTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT GARDINER, IN SECTION 4, T 8 S, R 7 E, 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A TWO STORY SECTION HOUSE AT THE SIDING AT SHINX, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, 29 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A ROAD CROSSING, 9 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD, ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, A CAP ON THE TOP OF A 2-INCH IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.