Details for Benchmark: QX0214
N 45° 45.267 W 111° 08.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GALLATIN county, MT View Original Datasheet
- P 4
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1907 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
2.35 MI SE FROM BELGRADE. ABOUT 2.35 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NORTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT BELGRADE, IN SECTION 17, T 1 S, R 5 E, 19 POLES SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 148, 5 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF A PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING, 70 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 5 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 7 INCHES. NOTE-- P4 1907 WAS STAMPED BY THIS PARTY.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 11.5 KM (7.15 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD FROM THE RAILROAD STATION IN BOZEMAN, 0.7 KM (0.45 MI) SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 148, 80.2 METERS (263.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A PRIVATE ROAD, 21.5 METERS (70.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL AND 0.8 METER (2.6 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.6 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.