Details for Benchmark: QX0382
N 45° 50.683 W 111° 55.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, MT View Original Datasheet
- W 3
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
1.8 MI W FROM LINE SPUR. ABOUT 1.8 MILES WEST ALONG THE NORTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY FROM LIME SPUR, JEFFERSON COUNTY, ABOUT 60 YARDS NORTHEAST OF OLD MILEPOST B 42, NORTHEAST OF JEFFERSON RIVER, AND ABOUT 36 YARDS EAST OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD CAP, FASTENED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.