Details for Benchmark: QY0628
N 45° 27.547 W 113° 52.832 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEMHI county, ID View Original Datasheet
- STEIN MTN LOOKOUT CABIN
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1945 (JCT)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE ALIDADE IN THE CENTER OF THE STEIN MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT CABIN, A WOODEN STRUCTURE ABOUT 20 FEET SQUARE.
IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 20 MILES N OF SALMON, ON TOP AND NEAR THE W END OF STEIN MOUNTAIN.
CONNECTED BY TRAVERSE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION STEIN. DISTANCE - 68.24 FEET OR 20.800 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.