Details for Benchmark: QZ0027
N 45° 44.767 W 114° 26.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RAVALLI county, MT View Original Datasheet
- UU 477
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1964
23.0 MI SW FROM CONNER. 23.0 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE CONNER-GRANGEVILLE ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT CONNER, RAVALLI COUNTY, 0.8 MILE SOUTHWEST OF A POINT CALLED PEYTON ROCK, 277 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF A BRIDGE OVER SHEEPHEAD CREEK, 44 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE BASE OF A LARGE PROMINENT ROCK POINT PROJECTING 1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, AND ABOUT 8 FEET ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.