Details for Benchmark: QZ0588
N 45° 20.541 W 114° 34.509 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEMHI county, ID View Original Datasheet
- LONG TOM LOOKOUT CABIN
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1945 (JCT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 35 MILES AIRLINE WNW OF SALMON, ABOUT 15 MILES AIRLINE WSW OF SHOUP, AND ABOUT 3-1/4 MILES AIRLINE NNE OF THE JUNCTION OF THE SALMON AND MIDDLE FORK RIVERS. IT IS A WOODEN STRUCTURE ABOUT 20 FEET BY 20 FEET SQUARE, PAINTED WHITE, WITH AN ALIDADE MOUNTED IN THE CENTER.
POINT TRAVERSED TO CENTER OF ALIDADE.
CONNECTED BY TRAVERSE TO TRIANGULATION STATION LONG TOM MOUNTAIN. DISTANCE - 13.20 FEET OR 4.020 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.