Details for Benchmark: QZ0631
N 45° 43.959 W 114° 31.775 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In IDAHO county, ID View Original Datasheet
- AP 356
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
STATION IS IN IDAHO COUNTY. STATION MARK IS STAMPED---356.062 M--- NOT ---56.062 M--- AS REPORTED IN 1961.
STATION IS ABOUT 7.5 MI. (AIRLINE) NNE. OF HELLS HALF ACRE, AND ABOUT 12.0 MI. W. OF THE N. END OF PAINTED ROCKS LAKE, ON A SMALL N-S. GRASSY RIDGE AND ON A SMALL POINT OF HIGH GROUND NEAR THE MIDDLE OF THE RIDGE. THE RIDGE SLOPES UP FROM S. TO N. AND THE STATION IS BY NO MEANS ON THE HIGHEST GROUND IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA.
REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK--A 3 IN. IRON PIPE WITH A BRASS CAP CAST IDA. + MONT. AND STAMPED---356.062 M---. THE TOP OF THE CAP IS 2.2 FT. ABOVE GROUND.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN BLAZE ON E. SIDE OF LONE TREE, 42.12 FT. FROM THE STATION AND 5.5 FT. ABOVE THE GROUND IN GRID AZIMUTH 136 DEGREES 50 MINUTES 59 SECONDS.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN BLAZE ON NW. SIDE OF LONE TREE, 13.54 FT. FROM THE STATION AND 6.0 FT. ABOVE THE GROUND IN GRID AZIMUTH 198 DEGREES 45 MINUTES 13 SECONDS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.