Details for Benchmark: QZ0672
N 45° 28.463 W 115° 02.321 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In IDAHO county, ID View Original Datasheet
- ARCTIC POINT LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1945 (JCT)
THE STATION IS IN THE IDAHO NATIONAL FOREST, 10 MILES NE OF THE CHAMBERLAIN RANGER STATION, 2-1/2 MILES S OF THE SALMON RIVER, AND AT THE HEAD OF ARCTIC CREEK.
IT IS A SQUARE, STEEL LOOKOUT HOUSE, MOUNTED ON A FOUR-LEGGED STEEL TRUSSWORK SUPPORTING TOWER WHICH IS ABOUT 75 FEET HIGH. IT WAS LOCATED BY TRAVERSE FROM STATION ARCTIC.
THE POINT LOCATED WAS THE CENTER OF THE SUPPORTING TOWER AT A POINT 30 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.