Details for Benchmark: QZ0722
N 45° 24.101 W 115° 54.258 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In IDAHO county, ID View Original Datasheet
- CAREY DOME LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1945 (CAG)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF CAREY DOME, ABOUT 8.8 MILES N OF BURGDORF, ABOUT 3.9 MILES S OF THE SALMON RIVER, AND 19.41 FEET NW OF TRIANGULATION STATION CAREY DOME. THE TOWER IS CONSTRUCTED OF STEEL AND IS ABOUT 90 FEET HIGH.
THIS STATION WAS LOCATED BY DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM TRIANGULATION STATION CAREY DOME.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.