Details for Benchmark: RA1073
N 45° 18.714 W 116° 43.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALLOWA county, OR View Original Datasheet
- LOOKOUT MTN LOT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY USFS. THEIR DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS.
LOCATED 18 MI SSE. OF IMNAHA, 5 MI S. OF FREEZEOUT SADDLE. ON SUMMIT OF DIVIDE BETWEEN SNAKE AND IMNAHA RIVERS, IN HIGHEST POINT OF LOOKOUT MTN.
TO REACH FROM IMNAHA, GO 18 MI S. ALONG GRIZZLY RIDGE RD. TO FREEZEOUT TRAIL. GO ABOUT 9 MI S. BY TRAIL THROUGH FREEZEOUT SADDLE TO LOT AND STATION.
STATION MARK--USFS DISK STAMPED---LOOKOUT MTN LOT---, SET UNDER CENTER OF TOWER IN BURIED BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.