Details for Benchmark: RA1188
N 45° 56.863 W 117° 36.655 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALLOWA county, OR View Original Datasheet
- HOODOO RIDGE LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1936 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1936
THIS OCCUPIED STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER, 100-FOOT STEEL STRUCTURE. THE STATION IS ABOUT 9 MILES W OF TROY, 3 MILES S OF THE OREGON-WASHINGTON STATE LINE AND 0.5 MILE N OF LONG MEADOWS RANGER STATION. FOREST ROADS LEAD TO THE RANGER STATION FROM THE E AND FROM THE W, FROM WHICH POINT A ROAD LEADS N TO THE TOWER.
REFERENCE MARK IS A DISK SET IN THE SW FOOTING OF THE TOWER, IN AZIMUTH 44 DEG 55 MIN FROM STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.