Details for Benchmark: RA1190
N 45° 56.862 W 117° 36.657 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALLOWA county, OR View Original Datasheet
- HOODOO LOOKOUT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||MikeG924 found RA1190
Thanks WR7X for taking me up for the adventure of lookouting and geocaching all over NE Oregon today!
||WR7X found RA1190
Been here several times.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (JTJ)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER, 115 FOOT STEEL STRUCTURE ON THE HIGHEST PART OF HOODOO RIDGE ABOUT 8 MILES WEST OF TROY, 3-1/2 MILES SOUTH OF THE OREGON-WASHINGTON STATE LINE, AND 1/2 MILE NORTH OF LONG MEADOW RANGER STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.