Details for Benchmark: RB1416
N 45° 56.470 W 119° 18.353 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BENTON county, WA View Original Datasheet
- MCNARY RANGE REAR LIGHT
- Marker Type:
- range marker
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (RBM)
LOCATED ON THE NORTH SHORE OF THE COLUMBIA RIVER, ABOUT 1500 FEET WEST OF THE NORTH END OF THE MC NARY DAM, ABOUT 500 FEET NORTH OF THE RIVER AND IN AN OPEN AREA.
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE VERTICAL PIPE STANDARD THAT SUPPORTS A HOODED, RED, DIRECTIONAL NAVIGATIONAL LIGHT ON A 7 FOOT BY 13 FOOT HIGH, SKELETON, STEEL TOWER THAT RESTS ON FOUR 2-1/2 FOOT SQUARE CONCRETE FOOTINGS. THERE IS A WHITE, RECTANGULAR DAYMARK WITH A RED VERTICAL STRIPE ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE TOWER. DESIGNATED AS NO. 1840.12 IN THE COAST GUARD PUBLICATION LIGHT LIST VOLUME III PACIFIC COAST AND PACIFIC ISLANDS, 1968.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.