Details for Benchmark: RC0148
N 45° 43.367 W 120° 31.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KLICKITAT county, WA View Original Datasheet
- K 427
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
16.85 MI E FROM MARYHILL. 1.4 MILES NORTH ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD FROM THE SPOKANE, PORTLAND AND SEATTLE RAILWAY STATION AT MARYHILL, THENCE 15.45 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 14, 0.45 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 117, IN THE TOP OF A LARGE BOULDER PROJECTING ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, 49 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 114 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A 12-INCH PIPE CULVERT, 52.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 21.4 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.