Details for Benchmark: RC2192
N 45° 54.911 W 121° 20.505 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KLICKITAT county, WA View Original Datasheet
- DIAMOND GAP LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
DIAMOND GAP IS LOCATED 100 FEET NORTH AND 6 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHEST PART OF A HEAVILY TIMBERED RIDGE 7 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF GLENWOOD.
TO REACH STATION DIAMOND GAP FROM THE POST OFFICE IN GLENWOOD GO SOUTH TOWARD WHITE SALMON FOR 4.9 MILES TO A FORK, KEEP RIGHT FORK AND CONTINUE MAIN TRAVELED ROAD 5.6 MILES TO A SIGN LAUREL LOOKOUT TOWER ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT 2.1 MILES TO THE DIAMOND GAP LOOKOUT AT THE END OF THE ROAD AND THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.