Details for Benchmark: RC2737
N 45° 59.446 W 121° 05.038 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KLICKITAT county, WA View Original Datasheet
- GREY BACK RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|10/24/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 45.1 KM (28.0 MI) NORTHEAST OF WHITE SALOM, 38.6 KM (24.0 MI) EAST OF TROUT LAKE, 27.4 KM (17.0 MI) NORTHWEST OF GOLDENDALE AND AT THE TOP OF A HIGH BARE TOPPED PEAK ON THE SOUTHERN BORDER OF THE YAKIMA INDIAN RESERVATION. PERMISSION TO VISIT THE STATION SHOULD BE OBTAINED AT THE YAKIMA AGENCY AT TOPPENISH. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN GLENWOOD, GO EAST ON THE SURFACED ROAD FOR 1.45 KM (0.90 MI) TO A FORK. TAKE THE LEFT FORK, THE MAIN ROAD TO GOLDENDALE, AND GO EASTERLY FOR 19.96 KM (12.40 MI) TO A BRIDGE. CONTINUE AHEAD ON THE GOLDENDALE ROAD FOR 9.01 KM (5.60 MI) TO THE TOP OF THE GRADE AND A SIDE ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT ON THE BLADED ROAD FOR 5.47 KM (3.40 MI) TO A THREE-WAY INTERSECTION. CONTINUE AHEAD ON THE MAIN ROAD UPHILL FOR 4.99 KM (3.10 MI) TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE LOOKOUT AND THE STATION. THE MARK IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK. IT IS 6.1 M (20.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE AND ABOUT 1.2 M (3.9 FT) LOWER THAN THE STATION.
|11/08/1990 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.