Details for Benchmark: RD0305
N 45° 29.350 W 122° 47.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- E 218
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Harry Dolphin posted a note for RD0305
NGS has verified that the description for this station is wrong. The description is for PJ0138, in Clayton, Jefferson County, New York. There is, however, a benchmark at this location, description unknown. Presumably E 218. NGS is researching, and will update its page. Geocaching does not update benchmark pages, so check NGS for updates.
||charlietd posted a note for RD0305
Thanks for the tip Trailtoad. This one is really screwed up, not only is it not in Beaverton, it's not even in Oregon. Clayton, Jefferson County and state highway 12 are actually in NEW YORK!
||TrailToad posted a note for rd0305
Do your homework b4 doing this one! Co-ordinates put you at Hwy 8 and Broadway in Beaverton, Washington County. Notice the description area is Jefferson County in Eastern Oregon.
Sent a note to NGS for a correction.
[last edit: 5/18/2002 8:31:42 PM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.7 MI S FROM CLAYTON. ABOUT 0.7 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 12 FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AT CLAYTON, JEFFERSON COUNTY, THENCE ABOUT 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST AND 0.7 MILE SOUTH ALONG OLD STATE HIGHWAY 12. ABOUT 350 FEET NORTH OF A LARGE HOUSE AT THE TOP OF A SMALL HILL, 51 FEET NORTH OF A GATE IN THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 33 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF A LARGE FLAT LIMESTONE OUTCROP, 2 FEET WEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 218 1942.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.